Sunday 2 December 2012

I'm Back!

Asalam waliykum sisters,



How are you all? I hope you are all in the best of health and iman. Some of you may wonder what happened to me.... some probably don't care. I thought I would explain as I miss blogging and have missed out on loads of posts and now I am very very behind with it all.


Firstly in October me and my family received some bad news. My aunt and grandfather (My fathers dad) passed away. So it was a very difficult time for us all. May Allah have mercy on both of them.
My aunt, my uncles wife was very young and in her prime, however, Allah had other plans for her, Allah rahma.
I was very close with my granddad  he was considered a saint within our community. I know in Islam we do not have such a thing. What I mean is that, he was an extremely religious man, devout to the deen fully. No one had a bad word to say about him, and everyone loved him. So when he passed away it shook the community and each day after his death many people visited from far and wide. Alhamdulillah... this is an extremely good thing, and I do not fear his fate and Inshallah, I do believe his grave is a reflection of Jannah. It took me a long time to come to terms with his death, and it really was a wake up call for me.
Allah rahmou.

I was able to visit my family Alhamdulillah and spend Eid in Morocco. Alhamdulillah, it was an experience. With that experience, although I had a nice time, I became ill. And once I returned to the UK I became very ill again. Alhamdulillah, I am on the mend. And Inshallah will return to blogging this week.


Another thing I would like to mention briefly is about the events in Gaza. Its upsetting for us all to see yet again another murderous attack on the Palestinians. I am a pro Palestinian Muslimah... and I am forever sharing information on my Facebook profile about the events in Gaza. Especially in regards to eliminating Zionism from the middle east and hopefully the planet. Things I share on FB are such: boycotting products affiliated with Israel. Its sad to see people only care when the death toll rises and when its shown on the news. Once the news stops reporting on Gaza the Muslims sort of go back to how they were before. What upsets me more is when evidence is shown to Muslims about products/companies who happily support Israhell, but continue to use the products and buy from these companies and at the same time also wear a Palestinian flag/scarf???!! Fair enough if you are ignorant and know nothing about it, but to be told and shown and still behave the same way then that is worrying behavior to see from a Muslim.

We have two weapons as Muslims.... the first one mentioned by the Prophet SAW is the Dua, the best weapon we have, so when we pray try to make sincere dua for those being oppressed and our brothers and sisters dying because of their religion. Secondly, we are not able to liberate the Palestinians... yet, Inshallah one day soon. But we can hit Israel were it really hurts, their economics. Boycott products, and start investing in Muslim businesses.
Star bucks are the biggest contributors to Israel, and they proudly boast about this. I have made it my business to walk into Starbucks when I see a Muslim there and educate them about the establishment. If they continue to go there, then I have done my bit. But at least they can not say they were ignorant of the matter, and instead they chose to be ignorant while knowing the truth.  

One other thing that upset me a lot was that on the day the attacks started and through out the situation, there were particular sisters who decided to be .... I can not put this any other way... cold hearted. They were fully aware of the situation but still decided to FB or blog about a new top, shoes or abaya they just bought. I am sorry but there are more important things going on right at this moment then talking about the money you spent to feed your fashion addiction. The timing was awful... and they were not considerate  Imaging if that was your family. Would you be posting about your latest abaya or shoes? No you would be letting everyone know about the situation and thinking of others and urging others to make dua. I had to bring this to attention to those sisters, who ignored my reminder and continued posting about materialistic things. I am not anti fashion... but like the Prophet Muhammad SAW said you should have a balance with everything. So blogging/FB about Fashion 24/7 is not a balance is it. Take time out and share information on things that really matter.

Sorry if any one gets offended, but it offended me how many muslimahs couldn't care less about the situation. Regardless if they are the type to hide their feelings or whatever, it was highly insensitive to blog/FB about fashion when people are dying that very moment and they are meant to be your brothers and sisters. That is all I have to say about this subject. Inshallah khier.

Inshallah I hope my next post will be about a book I have read over the last couple of months, it has got me through many difficult times like my grandfathers death and helped me understand things differently. All will be revealed later this week.

Jazakallah khier for reading, I am glad to be back blogging again.

Wasalam -x- 

1 comment:

  1. Asalam waliykum WB sister
    I totally agree with you about the Gaza issue. I too noticed an influx of posts on silly material things around the time the attacks occured. More attakcs occured recently. Its also sad to see people not even post about it, even take one post and just say hey this is happening make dua guys. Proper insulted and ashamed of some sisters man!

    But big upto you sister for actually speaking up about it. Keep up the good work and great posts.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please feel free to comment everyone is welcome!
Please Respect the blog and all those who post and read, Any nasty, insulting, bullying and racial comments will be deleted and the person will be blocked. I do not tolerate such comments.
I welcome constructive criticism but please have Hiqma and do so privately and respectfully.
Jazaka Allah khier :)