Saturday 7 September 2013

(2) Quilled Handmade Greeting Cards: Baby Prams!!!!



Asalam waliykum 

I was inspired to make these cards after seeing something with a similar design in the shops. I love unique designs that are not the usual boring themed cards. I got a lot of positive feedback on this design, and it is now one of my favourite cards to make!

The first time I made these I didn't have a proper quiliing slotted tool and so you can say it was a little rough at the edges.





I wanted to hand write 'Congratulations' but for some reason did not look good on this card, it works well for my Heart cards. So I downloaded a professional font app on my laptop and came up with this design. I think it suits the card, and goes with the baby theme. I hand cut all the strips, one day I will be able to invest in machine that cuts all the shapes for me. Too pricey, I think the cheapest one I found was £300!! 




I used the simple round Quill shape and then just formed it into a semi circle shape for the main part of the pram. The pram is mounted onto a thick card stock in cream and then that is mounted onto a soft lemon yellow card stock,  the size is A5





These cards are great to give to those expecting or after they baby has been born. I wanted to make the yellow one for those who do not like pink or blue and also for those who want to give to expecting parents who do not know the sex of the baby yet. 

I like them all, and don't have a firm favourite. Which one do you guys like? Took me roughly about 40 mins to make and assemble each card. So a lot of love and sabr/patience went into these cards, as with all of the ones I make. I do not take short cuts and hate sloppy work. So each card is made to the highest standards. 

Jazaka Allah khier for checking out this post. I love sharing my work with you guys (sisters). Please do share this, feel free to re-post, as always be sure to link me. Do follow for more similar posts in the near future.

Wasalam -x- 


4 comments:

  1. Really nice effect mash'Allah. I like the labels too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely effect Mash'Allah. I like the "congratulation" labels too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely effect Mash'Allah. I like the "congratulation" labels too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @umm salihah, Jazaka Allah khier. Previously i had wrote the words but did not sit quiet right with it. Took me ages to find a font I liked.
    Please do have a look at my other types of cards too.

    :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so please feel free to comment everyone is welcome!
Please Respect the blog and all those who post and read, Any nasty, insulting, bullying and racial comments will be deleted and the person will be blocked. I do not tolerate such comments.
I welcome constructive criticism but please have Hiqma and do so privately and respectfully.
Jazaka Allah khier :)